Environmental Commitment - Bellagio
Bellagio is committed to conservation efforts that support living in the desert. These practices extend beyond Bellagio and reach the local community by educating employees about conserving natural resources at home as well as partnering with local, eco-minded organizations.
At MGM Resorts International we understand that a greener business is a better business and we are committed to integrating environmentally positive operating practices into our resorts that provide a superior guest experience.
The following are some additional ways in which Bellagio fosters its environmental commitment.
Natural Resources Conservation
- Incandescent light bulbs were replaced with energy efficient LED bulbs in 2,200 slot machines
- Lighting in the parking garages, bus terminal, pool area, and Bellagio marquee use energy efficient bulbs saving millions of kilowatt-hours
- Electricity consumption is further reduced by millions of kilowatt-hours through ongoing building heating and cooling systems efficiency projects
- Lake Bellagio and the "O™" pool are replenished with non-potable well water
- Motion sensors are installed in office areas to automatically turn off lights when not in use
- An upgraded water treatment system saves millions of gallons of water each year
- The towel and bed linen reuse program in guest rooms conserves water and energy
Waste Management and Recycling
- Trash is sorted for recycling behind the scenes, diverting thousands of tons of recyclables from the landfill each year
- Additional recycled materials include paper, glass, plastic, cardboard, metals, and food
- Grocery vendors are committed to delivering 90% of all items through two distributors, reducing transportation emissions and fuel consumption
- Ammoniated cleaning chemicals have been eliminated
- The Club Ride program encourages car pooling and the use of alternative transportation for commuting to work. Bellagio earned the 2010 Club Ride award for highest program participation and the 2011 Club Ride Marketing Star award for promoting the program to employees.
- Newsletters and weekly sustainability tips educate Bellagio employees about benefits of green activities
- Internal Green Fairs, in conjunction with the Conservation Begins at Home program, engage employees with ways to save natural resources through the adoption of sustainable habits in their personal lives
Thank you for supporting our dedication to sustainability. If you would like to provide feedback to help make a difference, please email us at BGreen@BellagioResort.com.
To learn more about the MGM Resorts International sustainability program please click here.